I am one of those lucky people: my passion and work are one and the same!
The innovativity with which my colleagues describe me today, all started years ago at home. My parents, being quite conservative, were not keen on me having a personal computer in my room. Being a bit stubborn towards them and very driven towards technology, I went around this by building my own computer piece by piece in the drawer underneath my bed. I enjoyed creating and maintaining websites for sharing photos with friends, long before Facebook and Instagram. This went unnoticed by my parents for years and I had all the time in the world to better my skills.
After high school, this hobby became a career. With lots of Microsoft certificates in the pocket, I began working as an IT professional. Automation is my cornerstone, a skill that has proved useful again and again in the everchanging world of technology. This constant innovation motivates my endless curiosity to this day. Through study and experience, I started out by gaining knowledge on the field of infrastructure. At previous employers I have worked for years with a focus on this, in both Cloud Service Provider (CSP) and enterprise environments.
The demand for such full-service support in digital transformation is growing fast. That is where my current employer, InSpark, operates. With creative ideas and impactful innovations, we transform organizations using Microsoft cloud technology.
In recent years, cybersecurity has become more and more important. I have always been extremely interested in this field of work and used this growing demand as a springboard to specialize myself in an extra discipline. With several highly rated certificates such as CISSP, CEH and CCSP, I am the co-owner of InSparks internal Cyber Security Expert Team. In this role I get to share my knowledge with colleagues and pioneer all the new and exciting possibilities within the field. My drive is to always be one step ahead. Therefore, I participate in several Microsoft Private Preview Programs. I help them develop their newest technologies and the experience I gather by testing their software, lends me to implement this for our customers as soon as it is launched.
In my primary function as Cyber Security and Infrastructure Consultant at InSpark, my passion is combining these two disciplines. I use my solid foundation of knowledge and experience of both fields daily to work for and with our clients. I can offer them the most out of the rich security technology portfolio Microsoft has to offer, because of my unique combination of expertise.
Due to the Covid-19 Virus, I have been doing all this from home. A couple of years after saying “I do!” to my wife, her wearing the most beautiful wedding dress ever, we moved to Gouda (the Netherlands). This is where we live now, with our dog and five cats. And although I miss the direct contact with my colleagues and clients, I can honestly say I do enjoy this too: working with the dog at my feet, a cat on my lap, and my wife always somewhere around me. Fully focused on my projects until she reminds me how many hours have passed and that its time for one of my other passions, for example having a nice evening barbecue together in our garden.
- CISSP (2017)
- CCSP (2017)
- CEH (2019)
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert (2020)
- Microsoft 365 Security Administrator Associate (2020)
- Microsoft Azure Security Engineer Associate (2019)
- Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies (2018)
- Microsoft Azure Administrator Associate (2018)
- MCSE – Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (2017)
- MCSA – Windows Server 2016 (2017)
- MCSE – Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (2016)
- MCSE – Server Infrastructure (2013)
- MCSA – Windows Server 2012 (2013)
- MCTS – System Center 2012, Monitor and Operate (2013)
- Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure (2012)
- Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure (2012)
- MCSA – Windows 7 (2012)
- MCTS – Administering and Deploying System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (2012)
- MCSE – Private Cloud (2012)
- MCSA – Windows Server 2008 Core (2012)
- MCITP – Virtualization Administrator (2012)
- MCTS – Windows Server 2008 R2, Desktop Virtualization (2012)
- MCITP – Windows Server 2008 R2, Virtualization Administrator (2011)
- MCTS – System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Configuring (2011)
- MCTS – System Center Operations Manager 2007, Configuring (2011)
- Microsoft MCTS – Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, Configuration (2010)
- MCITP – Enterprise Messaging Administrator (2010)
- MCTS – Windows Server Virtualization, Configuration (2009)
- MCITP – Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7 (2009)
- MCITP – Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 (2009)
- MCTS – Windows 7, Configuration (2009)
- MCITP – Enterprise Support Technician (2009)
- MCTS – Windows Vista, Configuration (2009)
- MCITP – Enterprise Administrator (2009)
- MCSE – Security on Windows Server 2003 (2009)
- MCITP – Server Administrator (2009)
- MCDBA (2008)
- MCSE – Messaging on Windows Server 2003 (2008)
- MCSE – Windows Server 2003 (2008)
- VMWare Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV) (2011)
- VMWare Certified Professional 4 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP4-DCV) (2010)
- CCNA (2012)
- NIBE Financiële markten (2014)
- Information Security Foundation – Based on ISO/IEC 27002 (2009)
- ITIL V3 Foundation (2009)
- BiSL Foundation (2009)
- ITIL V2 Foundation (2008)
- PRINCE2 Foundation (2008)